About Be A Pro Hockey, LLC
Who We Are
BE A PRO HOCKEY is a new and innovative training program designed to develop you as a player and grow as a person. At BE A PRO HOCKEY, our objective is getting to know the person before we get to know the player. This include personal attention, communication and role identification. The result will be a more efficient player and one that meets the personal and professional expectations of any team. Our resources and player development services will consist of game specific skills, player evaluation, leadership development, goal setting, strength and conditioning, nutritional plans, food preparation along with the time management. BE A PRO HOCKEY will provide detailed oriented and sport specific training to develop individual skills for team concepts. Lastly, BE A PRO HOCKEY will provide leadership and direction in the planning of your hockey career.
Professionally Vince Williams was named the second head coach in Orlando Solar Bears history on June 19, 2013 to June 30, 2016. He joined the Solar Bears after spending the previous two seasons as head coach of the Trenton Titans. Prior to being named head coach in Trenton, he spent the previous five seasons as an assistant coach / development coach with the Trenton Devils. Currently Vince is a Pro Scout in the NHL.
Williams played eight seasons and 461 games in the ECHL and was recalled in 2000-01 from Trenton to Orlando (IHL) where he was a member of the Solar Bears Turner Cup Championship team. Williams was also a member of the 2004-05 Kelly Cup Championship team in Trenton. He served as captain for Trenton during the 2003-04 and 2005-06 seasons and was inducted into the team's Hall of Fame.
After retiring in 2006, Williams began his coaching career in Trenton serving five seasons as an assistant for the Trenton Devils and two seasons as head coach of the Titans. As an assistant coach, he studied under the guidance of Rick Kowalsky (Head Coach, Albany Devils) and Kevin Dean (Head Coach, Providence Bruins). In 2011-12, 18 of his players went on to play in the AHL and in 2012-13, 23 players moved on to the AHL and two players graduated to the NHL (Jason Akeson and Matt Konan). That year, Williams' team finished the season winning 12 of their last 18 games. In two seasons in Orlando he had back to back playoff appearances and was a finalist for coach of the year in 2014. He set a franchise record of 11 straight wins in the 2013-14 season and was a finalist for coach of the year. In 2015 he was named Head Coach for the ECHL All-Star Classic hosted by Orlando. Between 2013-15 he had over 50 players move on to the AHL, 2 of which played their first NHL games. Williams has be very influential in developing many prospects through the New Jersey Devils, Philadelphia Flyers and Toronto Maple Leafs hockey organization over the last 9 seasons. Vince resides in New Jersey with his wife Donna and two children Sarah and Wynter.
• Coached Over 625 Professional Games
• Played Over 500 Professional Games
• 2015 ECHL All-Star Classic Head Coach Orlando Solar Bears
• 2014 Runner Up For Coach Of The Year
• New Jersey Devils Development Coach 2006-2011
• Assistant Coach Trenton Devils
• Orlando Solar Bears 2013-15 Seasons 45 Players To The AHL Within 13 NHL Organizations * 2 Players Played In The NHL During The 2015-16 Season
• Trenton Titans 2012-2013 Season 25 Players To AHL Within 8 NHL Organizations * 2 Players Played That Season In There First NHL Game For The Philadelphia Flyers
• Trenton Titans 2011-2012 Season 15 Players To The AHL Within 11 NHL Organizations
• Trenton Devils 2006-2011 Seasons 48 Players To AHL Within The New Jersey Devils Organization * 6 Players Played There First NHL Game With The New Jersey Devils